A single man no less.
I went to the grocery store today to pick up a few things I was missing, along with a few others I probably didn't need. As I was going along, I couldn't help but think, "Wow... this is such a typical single guys' cart." The hamburger meat and buns didn't cause it to click. The milk after that, followed by ice cream, didn't change my thought process. Nor did the small case of beer. But once I got to the frozen pizzas, I realized, "Man, this is typical, and slightly embarrassing." I almost picked up some stuff for a salad just to look better, but decided it wasn't worth the money and hadn't been on my list (not that ice cream or beer had either).
So I get to the line to check out... had to wait almost 15 minutes. Awful. Anyways, the couple behind me (or male and female friend, or brother and sister, I shouldn't assume) started talking to me (rare occurrence in a grocery store for me) and started commenting on how typical my cart looked. It was, I admitted, a little too typical. The girl commented that if she hadn't been there, the guys list would have been the same. It was an amusing conversation and was a good change from the ordinary. And it was definitely the most male shopping list I've ever purchased.
To pointlessly redeem myself a little...
I went grocery shopping last week and got all the other necessities, including vegetables, salad stuff, spices, other worthwhile stuff.
I only went today because I was out of milk. I got there, decided burgers sounded good for dinner. I saw the ice cream, realized I was out of that also, and I needed to put on some weight for the winter. Saw the beer, decided I hadn't bought or had any for months, so why not. Finally, the frozen pizzas. Well, I'm lazy and don't feel like cooking sometimes, haha.
Now, off to grill up a burger, have some chips and dip, sweet tea, and a small salad on the side (if I'm in the mood!).
No comments:
Post a Comment