First... my Movies I Think Will Be Awesome had a few titles at the bottom and some of them lacked trailers. Well, one of them now has a trailer. I give you Peter Jackson's next movie, The Lovely Bones:
Don't worry, after I saw the trailer I freaked out thinking that it was telling me way too much about the film. Apparently the mystery of the movie isn't who the killer is, it's how the girl is able to help her family solve the mystery from heaven... or something like that. The scenes of heaven definitely intrigue me. It's a very visually stunning and unique interpretation and I think I love what the trailer shows of it. Throw in Rachel Weisz and there is no way I'm not going to see this movie.
Potential Based on Trailer: 8.5/10
Okay, trailer two, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus:
Notice something? Any famous actors? Heath Ledger was in the middle of filming this when he died last year. Luckily, and crazily randomly enough, the story is conducive to different people playing the same character. Thus, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Colin Farrell, and Heath Ledger all play Tony, the protagonist. The movie looks visually crazy, and I'm not sure if it's actually going to be good or not, but it looks like it has a lot of potential, and I'll probably end up seeing it.
Potential Based on Trailer: 8/10
And now, the second trailer for Where The Wild Things Are has been released. I think I like the first trailer more, but this one is definitely worth watching and shines more light into the actual world of the Wild Things. I've already said that I think this movie will be phenomenal so I'm not going to comment any further on it.
Finally, District 9 is coming out this weekend. Trust me when I say this movie WILL BE GOOD. Reviews are starting to come out, the word on the street from comic-con is awesome... so far there is no reason to believe anything less. Rotten Tomatoes has it at 100% (which isn't saying much considering only 14 reviews are in, but still). GO SEE DISTRICT 9. I'm planning on seeing it either at the midnight showing on Thursday, Friday matinee, or Friday night. So dang excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment