... or not so much.
I haven't been posting on here basically because I make too big of a deal out of posting on here. I feel like I shouldn't post something unless it's super well done, or long, or well thought out, or useful. But the truth is, no one comes here to read anything anyways BECAUSE I don't post often at all!
So I plan on changing that by posting more completely useless stuff.
For instance, Huntsville doesn't get any good movies in theaters. I mine as well be in freakin Asia. Sure, we get big tentpole blockbusters and the typical romantic comedy and the holiday horror flick, but where are the legitimately good creative pictures?? Where is Melancholia? Where is Martha Marcy May Marlene? Where is Like Crazy? The Skin I Live In? The Descendents? Or Being Elmo?
Get with it, Huntsville, Alabama! Sure, you're no Nashville, Atlanta, or Birmingham, and I know you aren't a big enough city to actually attract much attention to these movies, but please! Just one theater! We have five, only two of which are even good. Surely one of those could do something different, attract a different type of audience and actually bring one indie movie to the theater every single month.
We never even got Attack the Block or Tree of Life this summer! Thank goodness for Netflix.
I suppose the only hope I have is Oscar season so some of the good ones will actually show up in theaters again once they win some awards...
No comments:
Post a Comment