Thursday, December 24, 2009

Best to Worst: 2009s Movies


READ THIS BEFORE GOING STRAIGHT TO THE LIST LIKE YOU PROBABLY ALREADY HAVE: I have not seen every movie this year. This list only includes movies I myself wanted to spend the money to check out. There may be some good movies I don't have on here because I didn't want to or have the time to see them. There are probably dozens of horrible movies that I'm not ranking very low because I had the smarts to not see the films to begin with.

ALSO: Most "Best Movies" lists across the internet only include Post-Oscar-Season movies - or movies that came out starting in March. My list includes movies released from January 1st of 2009 to December 31st of 2009... which is hard because December 31st isn't here yet.

Top 10
1. (500) Days of Summer - Review
2. Up in the Air - Review
3. Fantastic Mr. Fox - Review
4. District 9 - Review
5. Up
6. Avatar - Review
7. Star Trek
8. Inglourious Basterds - Review
9. Zombieland - Review
10. Moon

Very Good Movies
11. Watchmen
12. The Informant!
13. Brothers - Review
14. The Hurt Locker - Review
15. The Hangover

Merely Entertaining
16. Drag Me to Hell
17. Taken
18. Funny People - Review
19. 17 Again
20. The Proposal
21. The Box - Review
22. Public Enemies

Worth Skipping
23. Terminator Salvation
24. The Girlfriend Experience
25. 9 - Review
26. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
27. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Movies I Missed and Want to Check Out... Maybe
Precious
Adventureland
Extract
The Road
The Lovely Bones
The Princess and the Frog
The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
The Brothers Bloom
Away We Go
Where The Wild Things Are

And finally, a compilation of all of the movies that came out this year. It's pretty awesome and worth the watch:



Please leave me your lists in the comments! You can do top 5, 10, whatever. I'm curious what everyone else liked. Obviously we didn't see the same movies, and I'm sure we have differing opinions, so yep, let's seem em!

2 comments:

samsyu said...

Hi, nice post. I have been pondering this topic,so thanks for writing. I will probably be coming back to your site. Keep up great writing.

Zack said...

My top movies of 2009:

1. Star Trek
2. Avatar

Honorable mentions: 17 again, Knowing

Disappointed by:
1. The Watchmen (Many reasons)
2. District 9 (Language)

Dishonorable mentions: Terminator Salvation

Best new Sci-Fi TV series: Stargate Universe

Best new reality/judge TV show: Shark Tank