Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Review - Fantastic Mr. Fox

Gonna make this review kind of short... don't have a whole lot to analyze really, plus I'm tired and feeling pretty lazy. And I'm going out of town in less than 8 hours so yeah. Gotta finish packing! But I don't want to forget to write anything!

Fantastic Mr. Fox comes from the guy who brought us The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore, among other things. The story is of course based off of the Roald Dahl book.

I'm going to straight up say that this is the most delightful movie I've seen all year. There's no real highly emotional sad or upsetting parts. It's just fun fun fun and it will keep a smile on your face for an hour and a half straight. I absolutely loved it.

The animation/models are distracting at first because, well, I'm personally just not a big fan of stop motion cinema. The preview for the movie isn't very good and the marketing campaign was fairly lame, so I'm worried it's not going to gain very much attention. Wes Anderson is honestly the only reason I went to go see it. I thoroughly enjoy most of his movies. And I'm glad I did see it because it surprised and delighted in every way.

Fantastic Mr. Fox is good for adults, it's good for kids, it's good for basically anyone. I can't imagine a person going to see this movie and not liking it. I'm sure some people won't love it like I did, but I would be surprised if anyone wasn't entertained by it. Go see this movie! See? Short and undetailed review!

Potential Based on Preview: 6/10
Actual Movie: 9.32709/10

No comments: