Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dang you world of TV!!!

I had a goal. A simple goal. I began it months ago when I started to see movies on the  horizon that may or may not make it to Oscar season, but my goal was to watch every Oscar nominee (namely best picture nominees, but maybe others), BEFORE the Awards. Sure, I still have time, I can still do it, and I only have 3 left (and quick access to all 3), but I'm not sure I will succeed... why?

TV. Specifically, a TV show I've been avoiding for 5 years now. A TV show I've heard rave reviews about, heard people becoming addicted to, heard people talking about. A TV show that I said I wouldn't watch precisely because people obsessed and liked it a little too much. I don't want to follow the crowd. I like to be unique. But less than a week ago, I caved and watched the pilot episode of the first season. And now I'm hooked. I've literally watched six 45 minute episodes in the past TWO DAYS. 

Curse you TV.

Curse you Lost.

I am a sheep being led to slaughter, a lemming, an Alabamian who likes Sweet Home Alabama, a Republican who likes Bush. I am a Wal-Mart shopping, coffee drinking, Mac weilding, poloshirt wearing, internet blogging, facebook using, recent addict of Lost. Is there anything about me that is the least bit original?

3 comments:

allison said...

UGH. you disgust me.

guess i can't say too much, though. i haven't succumbed to lost or the mac yet... but i'm betting lost will happen sooner or later. for now, though, i'm staying strong.

allison said...

oh, and i have concrete plans to see slumdog millionaire and milk next week, and tentative plans for frost/nixon this weekend (although i may end up going by myself). does this mean i'll need to shell out the cash to go see the rest of benjamin button? i would feel incomplete if i had seen 4.25 out of 5.

Unknown said...

1) I've been surprised... Lost is actually genuinly good. It's not like 24, Heroes, those others that have stories that suck you in but are really only "okay" (though I still watch). It's actually quite high quality.

2) I would say don't see Button, but it's been nominated more than any other movie... so if it wins a lot (hope it doesn't), it'll be a bigger loss for you if you hadn't seen it. It isn't a bad movie, it is very "high quality," but it just didn't grab me like other movies.