Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Learning to Run

I wouldn’t consider myself to be ridiculously unhealthy like some people, but I’m definitely not in shape and could use a bit more cardio. And by that I mean a lot more cardio. The other day I decided to try running again. I quickly remembered why I hated it so much. However, I only hate it because I’m not healthy. It could create a vicious cycle.

Thus, I’m starting “The Couch-to-5K Running Plan.” My goal? To be able to run 2-3 miles straight, no breaks, by the time my friends get back from their summer project in the orient. That’s not a big deal for some people but it is for me! I'm getting sick of many many friends of mine running in 5Ks and running together etc while I sit on my bum and wish I could do that without utterly dying.

Here goes nothing. Wish me luck.

No comments: