
From Paris With Love - Fairly standard little action movie. Best thing about it was that it wasn't very long. Not very good but not entirely atrocious either. It had some funny moments.
Overall Score: 5/10
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - A big "list of shame movie." And by that, I mean it's one of those movies I feel bad never having seen. Really good film too. Great acting, great story. It moves pretty slowly but even still I wouldn't have considered turning it off. Total classic.
Overall Score: 9/10
Kick Ass - The most recent release on here by far, Kick Ass only came out a few weeks ago and is still in theaters. I've seen it twice now so I must like it. It's fun, it's bloody, and it's mature, but it's also hilarious and is quite the interesting take on the super hero genre. It is not for kids even though it appears to be marketed for kids... kind of annoying because that means the target audience, guys my age, isn't going to see it. And if they did see it, they would LOVE it.
Overall Score: 9/10
12 Monkeys - I've been hearing cool things about this movie for a little while now and I must say, people are correct. A guy from the future is sent back to the past in order to fix the future, but he keeps being thrown back to the wrong time. This is another one of those that asks questions, namely "can we really change the past or are our futures already written?"
Overall Score: 8/10
Rear Window - Another "list of shame" movie. It's actually the first Alfred Hitchcock movie I'd ever seen. I really really loved this one. It clearly holds up well with time. It honestly felt more like a present day indie-movie considering its themes and smaller scale. Definitely an impressive work.
Overall Score: 10/10
My Kid Could Paint That - Random and interesting documentary about a 5 year old girl who paints abstract art and sells it for tens of thousands of dollars. Is this proof that abstract art is pointless? Was she the real artist? What's the nature of storytelling and is it all just one big lie? Very unique documentary with a lot of questions and very few answers.
Overall Score: 8/10
Moon - I actually saw this last summer when it came to Huntsville. I thought I reviewed it but apparently I didn't, or at least I can't find the review anywhere. This is a small sci-fi movie from a first time director starring primarily only one person, Sam Rockwell. The themes are awesome and the technological questions it raises are insightful. Sam Rockwell has one of the best performances I've ever seen. I get something new out of this movie each time I see it.
Overall Score: 9.5/10
1 comment:
I love Rear Window!!! :)
Post a Comment